![]() |
| Final design |
Before being left to my own devices, I asked her to send me some of her favorite pages that she has scrapbooked and what her favorite colors are. She emailed me some pages and right away I was drawn to the rhinestones---I loved the texture it brought to the page and of course it brought back memories of bedazzling back in the day! She told me her favorite colors are blues, greens and purples.
I knew right away I wanted the logo to look like it was made up of scrapbooking supplies. I grabbed my sketchbook and started drawing.
![]() |
| Initial sketches |
I wanted to design "stickers", both flat and 3-dimensional and there were so many different directions I could go.
Once I was done sketching and had a pretty good idea of where I was going with the design, I grabbed ma' Macbook Pro and got to work.
I played around with colors and created different scrapbooking embellishments......buttons, flowers, rhinestones, etc.
The final design incorporated all of the ideas and colors that I wanted the logo to have: scrapbooking supplies + blues + greens + purples. It was completely self-explanatory; if you saw the logo you would know that it was a scrapbooking business.
This is a great example of a design challenge that could have potentially been overwhelming because of the million different directions I could've taken it. In order to avoid a situation like that, you have to find a focus from the start and build the design from there.
If possible, I like to add touches to the design that make it even more personal for the client. In this case, there were tons of color combinations that could have worked but I chose to go with my client's favorite colors.
She was more than happy with the result which = success! If you or anyone you know ever needs any scrapbooking work done, contact Lindsey at Oh Scrap!





No comments:
Post a Comment